taxonomy not working

  • Resolved Appets

    Dear Support,

    In the title and SEO for my listings I setup the following:

    %title% %sep% Annunci %category% %sep%

    Unfortunately, the final result is not showing the “category” and I don’t understand the reason why. Could you please help me?

    Thanks in advance,

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hello,

    Thank you for contacting Rank Math support, and sorry for the unexpected delays and any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

    I can’t seem to find that specific title configuration on your admin dashboard. Can you please let us know which “listing” post type are you referring to here? If can share a specific URL of the affected post, that would be helpful for us.

    Looking forward to helping you on this one.

    The listing name is “Annunci” in italian, I’m not sure about the English name, but I assume listings. By the way this is the listing type from RankMath dashboard is highlighted here to help you find it:

    This is an example of the listing url as requested:

    Thanks for your support.



    Thank you for pointing me to the actual post type that has the issue.

    I noticed that this CPT doesn’t have any categories in it. Can you please confirm?

    You can make use of this variable instead if you are trying to display a different taxonomy: %term% or %tag%.

    If you are using a custom field, you can also make use of this variable: %customfield(...)%

    Looking forward to helping you on this one.

    Hi Jeremy,

    Thanks for the reply, however I still need your help.

    When using the %tag% it shows randomly one of the tags used for the listing, that is good but is not consistent. Using %term% it’s empty.

    I understood that what I want to show is a sub category of a listing type called “pointfinderltypes” which I considered a category but I assume that is not a category for RankMath.

    In my theme I setup a main listing type and different sub categories for dogs, cats, etc. and I need to show them (I added in the sensitive data the link).

    Could you please help me to find which is the correct to use?

    Thanks in advance,


    We have used the following variable which seems to do exactly what you wanted since outputs the values of the categories of this CPT: %customterm(pointfinderltypes)%

    Hope this helps solve your issues.

    Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any other questions.

    Hi Miguel,

    Well I was struggling while the solution was quite easy, but your help has been very useful to let me understand.

    Thanks for your support!



    We are super happy that your issue has been addressed.

    If you have another question in the future, please feel free to create a new forum topic, and it will be our pleasure to assist you again.

    Thank you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this ticket.