I have recently added TranslatePress to offer content in english and spanish. Since doing so, I have started seeing problems on Search Console.
I write the page in Spanish and then use Translate Press to translate into English.
Google is only indexing one page (in this case, english), as it’s detecting the original page as duplicate.
Right now I have around 1.000 URLs with the same issue, and upon inspection on the page with Search Console here is what it says:
User-declared canonical: https://www.mysite.com/en/URL/
Google-selected canonical: Same as user-declared canonical
I tried this approach to add extra URLs to the Sitemap for english content (https://support.rankmath.com/ticket/add-url-to-sitemap/), but after adding it to functions.php file it doesn’t seem to change anything.
The ticket ‘Sitemap, languages and canonical URL’ is closed to new replies.