Hi! I’m having issues with the SEO structure of my posts. I configured my posts SEO style title as “Post title | site title”, but when I search my links at Google they appeared like “Site title | Post title | Site title”.
How could I fix this?
- This topic was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Fede Peralta Pahor.
Thank you for contacting Rank Math and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.
Please be advised that it takes up to a few weeks for Google to reflect the changes in their index and thus if you made your changes recently it may take some time before the new post title can take effect.
I hope this info helps. Thank you.
Hi Michael! I have this problem since I installed Rank Math. I replaced the old SEO plugin with these one and it changed the SEO pattern with this issue…
Thank you for the follow up.
Please edit your post and share some temporary admin access on the sensitive data section and I will be happy to look into this issue for you!
Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.
Thank you for the access.
It looks like you are not using some optimal title lengths for your posts that may be affecting the way the tags are displayed on the search result. Google typically displays the first 50–60 characters of a title tag. If you keep your titles under 60 characters, our research suggests that you can expect about 90% of your titles to display properly.
If Google detects that a particular result has an issue with its title, the algorithm will try to generate an improved title from anchors, on-page text, or other sources. However, sometimes even pages with well-formulated, concise, descriptive titles will end up with different titles in our search results to better indicate their relevance to the query.
I hope this info helps. Thank you.
Ok, but this is not a problem of Google algorithm. The title shown at the heather of the explorer its exactly with this issue. Its not considering what I already configured at Rank Math, its showing first the site title and then the post title
Please check if your actual SEO title matches the one you have set using Rank Math.
You can confirm the same by opening the post and then following this image tutorial
Once the source is opened, search for the word
<title>and you can confirm if the title is the same as you entered in the plugin.
If it matches as seen in the HTML source code there is nothing to worry about. Google sometimes does not honor your titles and displays them as per their will.
You can go through this post on Google Search Console support section: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35624?hl=en
Specifically, you might want to check the title
Why the search result title might differ from the page's <title> tag
Hi Todd. I already edited the sensitive data again showing that the issue is not a Google problem. The title shown at the explorer tab is also wrong, not respecting what I configured at Rank Math.
That’s really weird.
I suspect that the theme might be adding an SEO title itself. Or, it is one of the plugins causing a conflict.
Do we have your permission to troubleshoot this by changing your theme temporarily and by disabling all other plugins temporarily?
Please have a backup of the DB handy if you want us to proceed.
Just curious, does this happen when you use any other SEO or is this only happening when you use Rank Math?
I look forward to hearing back from you.
This issue is only with Rank Math. I was using Yoast and there were no problems.
I can see that it only happens when using Rank Math while not on Yoast.
I am sharing this with the team and we will take check further where the issue is coming from.
I would really appreciate your patience in this matter.
I logged into your site and I see the issue. The title you see on frontend is not added by the Rank Math plugin, your theme is using static title. Rank Math plugin has an option in Dashboard >> Rank Math >> Titles & Meta >> Global Meta >> Rewrite Titles, to rewrite such custom titles. But that option is not working with your current theme. I am suspecting it’s because your theme is not setting the ob data properly. We’ll further investigate this issue on our local setup with your theme and resolve any conflict.
For now, to fix the issue on your site I made following changes:
1) In functions.php file, I added support to title-tag on line 391:
add_theme_support( 'title-tag' );
2) In header.php file, I removed the title tag.
Now, your site is showing the correct title set in Rank Math metabox.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
Since we did not hear back from you for 15 days, we are assuming that you found the solution. We are closing this support ticket.
If you still need assistance or any other help, please feel free to open a new support ticket, and we will be more than happy to assist.
You must be logged in to reply to this ticket.