Ranking on Google depends on so much more than just your on-page optimization. You could have the perfect article and still struggle to break the top 10 in SERPs. Here are some of the factors Google considers when ranking you:
1. Your website’s authority
2. Your content’s quality and how better it is than the other article currently ranking.
3. How competitive the keyword is.
4. How many backlinks you have and if they are better than what the other guys ranking for that keyword have.
5. Your website’s crawlability.
6. Frequency of new content and content updates.
7. So much more that there is a dedicated blog post on it by Brian Dean 🙂
Please go through the resource links I shared and you should be able to improve on your page ranking. You should also note that Ranking for new sites/posts may take time, especially for keywords. that have a lot of competition.
If you have any further question(s), please let us know. Thank you.