Multiple Language URL strip isn't working

  • Hi, I have had contact with Bhanu about the URL strip function isn’t working on my multiple language website.
    He already told me to save again the permalinks but it still isn’t working…

    How can we solce this issue?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hi there,

    Thanks for getting in touch!

    We might need to take a closer look at the settings. Please edit the first post on this ticket and include your WP logins in the designated Sensitive Data section.
    Sensitive Data Section

    It is completely secure and only our support staff has access to that section. If you want, you can use the below plugin to generate a temporary login URL to your website and share that with us instead:

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/temporary-login-without-password/

    You can use the above plugin in conjunction with the WP Security Audit Log to monitor what changes our staff might make on your website (if any):

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-security-audit-log/

    We really look forward to helping you.

    Hello,

    I have updated the sensitive data as requested. Can you please check further?

    Thank you.

    Hi, Just added the information. Can you please, before adding/changing/pushing any button, first discuss what you would like to do?

    Thanks

    Hello,

    Thank you for contacting Rank Math today.

    I have been able to reproduce the 404 errors on your translated category pages when the strip category base option is enabled.
    We are going to be investigating this further and then get back to you.

    We appreciate your patience. Thank you.

    ​​​​​​

    Hi, Thanks for the answer. I just found the solution. The old permalink (/product) was already translated in other languages. The Rank Math plugin didn’t reconised this other language. I changed al the translations into /product and now it’s oke.

    But now all my products are OK. But all the product categories aren’t. Is this something that already happend more often? Do you have a proper solution for this?

    Thanks

    Hello,

    We have logged into your website and updated the permalinks.

    The links are working now.

    Can you please give it a try and let us know if everything’s working as per your requirements?

    Hi, Thanks for your support.

    The ENG website is still working, yes.

    Unfortunately if i go to a product category on the ENG website and then navigate through the flags to another language i get a 404.

    Also when i go on the NL version to a product can go trought the breadcrumbs to another page i get a 404
    Please see: https://a-ftnss.com/nl/yoga-block-nl/

    How can we solve this? I track all my keywords in several tools and lose all my positions at the moment…

    Hi there,

    Thanks for the follow up.

    The product category links work as expected on my end even after I switch the language on the frontend and the backend. The links on the breadcrumbs also work smoothy. Would you mind taking another look?

    I am looking forward to your response.

    Now the link workks but again the “product-category” in the link:
    https://a-ftnss.com/de/product-category/yoga-de/yoga-block-de-2/

    I think there are too many bugs somewhere with the theme, WPML of Rank Math. Something is somehow not working correctly. I can better switch back to another seo plugin.

    Before i do i will wait for your reply on this message.

    Hi Chase,

    Thanks for getting back to us.

    It looks like you disabled the option to remove the product category base in WooCommerce settings. Here is a screenshot I took from your site via Rank Math > General Settings > WooCommerce:
    IMG

    Please enable this option to remove this base from your products.

    I hope this info helps. Thank you.

    Looks like its working now. But don’t understand how this seeting was off. Sure that i pushed “on”. But yeh it works so i’m very happy 😉

    Hi there,

    Apologies for the hasty response.

    I have just been alerted by a member of our dev team that we had to install the Premmerce Permalink Manager for WooCommerce to make this work on your site. We are still debugging your setup and we will be in touch as soon as we are finished.

    We will be fixing this in an update soon.

    Hello,

    Since we did not hear back from you for 15 days, we are assuming that you found the solution. We are closing this support ticket.

    If you still need assistance or any other help, please feel free to open a new support ticket, and we will be more than happy to assist.

    Thank you.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The ticket ‘Multiple Language URL strip isn't working’ is closed to new replies.