H1 headers and keywords errors

  • I’m getting the error “Too many H1 tags found on your page (2). For the best SEO results, there should be exactly one H1 tag on each page”

    I am only getting this error on one of my pages even though when viewing page source page for both my first homepage and page(2) there is the same amount of H1’s listed

    I am also getting the error “No keywords found in the page title and the description.” but I have checked all my posts and I can not find a page that does not have the keyword/description combination correctly setup.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hello,

    Thank you for contacting Rank Math and sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused due to that.

    The analysis is usually mostly focused on your homepage and the number of <H1> tags is only checked from your homepage only. You should edit your page and remove any unused <h1> tags or change some to <h2>.

    As for the keyword analysis, please clear your site cache, then head over to Rank math > Status & Tools > Database Tools and flush SEO analysis data. Once done you can analyse your site again and let us know if the issue persists.

    Looking forward to assist you.

    I did as suggested and the SEO came back with 4 failed tests this time, the same issues I first contacted you about( the H1 problem appears to be because my homepage is split over 2 pages by my theme for readability, which is why the H1 is on more than one page, not sure how to fix it as I am not currently using a static homepage)

    as for the second issue it still persists after clearing the site cache and flushing the SEO, why is this?

    the new issues generated by flushing the SEO are:

    1. The size of the HTML document is 125 Kb, over the average of 33 Kb and our recommendation of 50 Kb.

    I checked the HTML page size with sitechecker.pro/page-size/ and it returned a page size of 32.99kb, why the disparity?

    2. Directory Listing seems to be enabled on your server.

    I have fixed this issue by turning off directory listing with my site-host and checked it for /wp-content/ and other directories to confirm it is off, which it is.

    I have flushed the SEO again and purged my cache and reran the SEO analysis but it still failed on this issue?

    I have just noticed that the mobile snapshot for my site is not from the current version of my site? why is this?

    Hello,

    I think we might need to take a closer look at the settings. Please edit the first post on this ticket and include your WP logins in the designated Sensitive Data section.
    Sensitive Data Section

    It is completely secure and only our support staff has access to that section. If you want, you can use the below plugin to generate a temporary login URL to your website and share that with us instead:

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/temporary-login-without-password/

    You can use the above plugin in conjunction with the WP Security Audit Log to monitor what changes our staff might make on your website (if any):

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-security-audit-log/

    About this:

    I have just noticed that the mobile snapshot for my site is not from the current version of my site? why is this?

    We use an external service to get the screenshot and they have their own cache system so they might have cached your site and you should wait a little until their cache expires and the new version is loaded.

    We really look forward to helping you.

    Hello,

    I have updated the sensitive data as requested. Can you please check further?

    Thank you.

    Hello,

    — You page actually does have two <h1> tags, check the screenshot I have attached in the sensitive section.

    — If you test your site with this tool: https://smallseotools.com/website-page-size-checker/, the page size seems to be actually 122kb

    — As for the directory listing, I checked and it does seem to be disabled. Could you please add an index.html file on your root folder and check if the issue still persists.

    — We use a third party setup to generate the snapshot. The usually clear their cache once in a week which is lily the reason your snapshot is not updated yet. Please give it sometime and let us know if it is resolved in a week or so.

    Looking forward to helping you. Thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this ticket.