Hi, hope you are keeping safe
I am facing several duplicate content issues and would like to ensure I use the tools provided by RankMath correctly to fix the issues. I apologize if my questions are broad or all over the place, I am just trying to understand what is best. I have attached a report for reference.
1. The forum seems to be causing many duplicate content issues. Currently the forum has no content, only the relevant topics etc, is this a possible reason why it is causing duplicate content issues. How can I resolve the issues it is causing?
2. On my website the majority of my pages show posts (including an excerpt and featured image). This is causing major duplicate content issues since- my home page, recent posts page and the page with the relevant post category and the post itself are all showing the same post excerpt. How can I configure this correctly so that this issue no longer occurs? This may relate to a question i ask later
3. While researching I found that one of the main causes of duplicate content is pagination of posts, which I have enabled to prevent slow load times. How can I configure RankMath to make sure that this issue does not occur?
4. Another is the pagination of comments by users, it may relate to the above but how can this be prevented?
5. Currently I have my post pages set to the article schema, could this be contributing to the issue of duplicate content?
After doing some research on fixing duplicate content it seems the suggested fix is to use the canonical tag when a post may show on multiple pages
6. Rank Math allows me to set the canonical url, however, should I set the url of the post or rather the page of the relevant category that list the most relevant for the post (i.e. the page I want to post to be found on)?
I apologize for the array of questions. Hope you can help
The ticket ‘Duplicate content issues’ is closed to new replies.